An Agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia
Find an Agency
Higher Ed Data
Public Higher Education Transparency in Virginia
§ 23.1-409. Transparency in higher education information.
B. The Council shall maintain on its website a comparison of each baccalaureate public institution of higher education to each other baccalaureate public institution of higher education on the following measures:
1. The middle 50 percent test score range of first-time undergraduate students whose ACT or SAT scores were in the twenty-fifth to seventy-fifth percentiles of the scores of enrolled students;
2. The percentage of the students who applied for and were offered first-time undergraduate admission;
3. The average and net annual total tuition and fees and room and board for a full-time undergraduate student living on campus;
4. Average undergraduate student educational debt;
5. The first year to second year retention rates for full-time undergraduate students;
6. The four-year, five-year, and six-year undergraduate graduation rates;
7. The percentage of students eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant;
8. The average wages of undergraduate alumni within the first five years of graduation; and
9. The average wages of undergraduate alumni within 20 years of graduation.
C. Each baccalaureate public institution of higher education shall maintain a link on its website to the comparison of measures maintained by the Council pursuant to subsection B.